The implementation of the claims process involved a large number of steps, each designed to ensure every claim was verified, properly calculated and that the payments awarded were fairly and safely distributed to each eligible beneficiary.
Below are the milestones that needed to be reached in order to complete the Tazreen Claims scheme. These milestones were completed in July 2016.
- Develop and finalize claim form
- Develop, finalize, and testing the claims database
- Collect available information relating to potential beneficiaries from local NGOs, Government offices, including Prime Minister’s office, Ministry of Labor and Employment, Deputy Commissioner’s office, and National Forensic DNA Profiling Laboratory (NFDPL)
- Prepare reliable lists of eligible deceased, missing and injured workers
- Verification of deceased and missing claims
- Pre-counseling advice to the confirmed family members of the deceased and missing workers
- Claim registration for the dependents of the deceased and missing workers
- Opening bank account for the eligible dependents of the deceased and missing workers
- Review and verification of submitted deceased and missing claims
- Calculation of the compensation of the verified deceased and missing claims,
- Issuing Notice of Award to the eligible dependents of the deceased and missing workers
- Correction of Awards (15 day deadline, receipt of application, review, communicate the result through tailor made NoAs)
- Providing appointment to the injured workers for registration of their claims
- Pre-counseling advice to the injured workers
- Claim registration of the injured workers
- Independent medical assessment of the injured workers
- Opening bank accounts for the injured claimants
- Review and verification of the injured claims
- Calculation of compensation of the injured claims
- Authorization of payments of awards by the Coordination Committee for Deceased/Missing
- Issuing Notice of Award to the injured workers
- Final verification of outstanding claimants on list.
- Arrangement made with Dutch-Bangla Bank Rangpur Branch for issuance of SANCHAYPATRA (savings certificate)
- Assisting claimants to fill SANCHAYPATRA(savings certificate) application forms, on a voluntary basis.
- Review of request for correction for injured claims
- Re-medical assessment by CRP for the claimants who requested for correction
- Re-calculation of the awards for those cases
- Communicate the results of the review to the claimants in response to requests for correction.
- Finalize full list of awards for injured workers
- Authorization of payments of awards by the Coordination Committee for Injured
- Payments of awards to Deceased/Missing
- Payments of awards to Injured
- Arrangement of long-term medical care, via the medical trust
- External audit of all the payments made.
- Closing down of TCA.
A more detailed description of each of these milestones can be found in the PDF document below.